Well Permit Application & Instructions
Well permit applications may be submitted through our online portal, or using a paper application:
- Online Application (Preferred)
- PDF Well Permit Application
Please mail PDF application to:
Anaheim Public Utilities
201 S. Anaheim Boulevard Number 1101
Anaheim, CA 92805
All fields in the application must be completed as follows:
- 48-Hour Notification: Applicant shall notify Environmental Services and the City’s Water Inspector at least 48 hours prior to conducting field activities.
- Applicant’s Name, Company, Address, Phone and Email Address: The person completing the application is to fill out this information as the applicant.
- Driller’s Company, Address, C-57 License, and C-57 Expiration: A drilling contractor should be identified. The driller will need to have a current C-57 (water well drilling) contractor license and valid Anaheim Business License.
- Well Location: Provide the well or boring address or provide a detailed description. Include a scaled map with the permit application submittal. Drilling on City property (including streets) will require a separate Right-of-Way Construction Permit issued by the Public Works Department.
Well/ Boring Owner’s Name, Company, Address, Phone and Email Address: Provide contact information for who will be responsible for the well or boring after drilling is completed. Scopeof Work: Provide a brief description of the methods that will be used for drilling or well destruction. Provide additional sheets if necessary. Well? Boring Name: Provide a unique identified for each well or boring.
- Type: Specify the well or boring type such as:
- Boring Diameter: Provide the boring diameter in inches.
- Casing Diameter: For wells, indicate the diameter of the
wellcasing in inches.
- Depth: Provide the total depth of the boring or well casing in feet below ground surface.
- Screen Intervals: For wells, indicate the top and bottom of the perforated zones in feet below ground surface.
- Applicant’s Signature/Date: Applicant must be authorized to sign on behalf of
propertyowner or well owner and agrees to comply with applicable wellconstruction/destruction standards.
- Anticipated Drilling Start Date: Provide the estimated date work will begin. Please allow 5 days for permit processing. Notify Environmental Services (email@example.com) if the start date will change.
- Required Attachments: Please include well construction diagrams for new wells. Please include any boring logs or well completion reports for destruction permits.
- Monitoring Well
- Municipal Water
- Domestic Water
- Irrigation Water
- Agriculture Water
- Vapor Extraction
- Vapor Monitoring
- Soil Boring
Well / Boring Fees
Fees can be paid online if submitted an online application. If preparing a paper application, please provide the following information on Page 2 of the application:
- Payment Contact: Provide contact information for the permit fees.
- Payment Type: Provide the number and date of the check accompanying the permit application. Please make payment to “City of Anaheim”.
- Required Fees:
Check boxesfor each permit types included on the application (well installation, well destruction, and/or soil boring). Each application must include an application fee. Wellinstallation and destruction will be charged an additional fee per well. There is no charge for soil borings.
- The Well / Boring Fees page will be returned to the applicant as a receipt for payment.
By the execution of a well permit, the well permit applicant acknowledges and agrees to all of the following:
- As the permit activities (i.e., activities related to well drilling, installation, or destruction) are strictly a private undertaking, the well permit applicant bears full responsibility for its completion or any liability arising thereunder. The permit activities (i.e., activities related to well drilling, installation, or destruction) shall be accomplished without cost or expense to city.
- In the performance of any well drilling, installation, or destruction, the well permit applicant shall at its own cost and expense comply with all statutes, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of all governmental entities, including federal, state, county. or municipal, whether now in force or hereinafter enacted. In addition, all of applicant's work (or that of applicant's consultant's) shall conform to applicable local, county, state, and federal laws, rules, regulations, and permit requirements.
- The permit activities (i.e., activities related to well drilling, installation, or destruction) are strictly a private undertaking and the permit activities do not in any manner imply anyone acting for or on behalf of the applicant is acting in the course and/or scope of official city business or on behalf of the city; nor does it in any manner establish or imply an employer-employee, or an agency relationship between the applicant (or any of its representatives) or any third party and the city.
- The well permit applicant (a) is the owner of the property where the well is to be installed, or; (b) is legally authorized to install the well. The property, or the owner’s representative, must sign the well permit form.
- Well permit applicants acknowledges responsibility for the ultimate destruction of their well, per California Well Standards.