- November 3, 2020 Election
- Campaign Contribution Limit
- Eligibility to Run for Office
- Nomination Period
- Term of Office
November 3, 2020 General Municipal Election
- City Council Vacancies
Three (3) City Council Member District Seats (Districts 1, 4, and 5).
Eligibility to Run for Office
- A citizen of the United States
- At least 18 years of age
- Mayor: A resident and qualified voter of the City of Anaheim, at least 30 days immediately preceding the filing of nomination papers*
- Council Member: A resident and qualified voter of the respective district, at least 30 days immediately preceding the filing of nomination papers*
The nomination period opens on Monday, July 13, 2020 at 8 A.M. and closes on Friday, August 7, 2020 at 5 P.M. If an incumbent who is eligible to run does not file, the deadline will be extended to Wednesday, August 12, 2020 at 5 P.M.
Individuals interested in running for City Council are encouraged to contact the City Clerk, Theresa Bass for additional information at (714) 765-5166.
Term of Office
- The Mayor and City Council members serve four-year terms, with a limit of two consecutive terms.