Public Access EV Charger Rebates
Public Access Electric Vehicle Charging Station Rebate Program
Receive Up to $5,000 for Public Access Locations
Receive Up to $10,000 for Schools, Affordable Housing, and Publicly Accessible DC Fast Plug-in locations
Subject to funding availability.
Anaheim Public Utilities (APU) is offering Public Access Electric Vehicle Charging Station Rebates to commercial, industrial, and municipal customers who install a Level 2 (240-Volt) or higher plug-in electric vehicle (EV) chargers at locations accessible to patrons, multi-family dwelling residents, commuters and visitors. Under this program, customers will be reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses up to $5,000 per charging station for public access locations, or $10,000 for school, affordable housing, or publicly accessible DC fast plug-in locations (maximum of 10 charging stations). Eligible expenses include the charger purchase price and installation costs. In addition to the rebate, APU will cover the City’s building permit application fee for the EV charger.
Public Access Electric Vehicle Charging Station Rebate Program Steps:
- Apply to receive a rebate by completing the Public Access EV Charging Station Rebate Reservation Form and emailing it to the program manager at EVRebates@anaheim.net.
- Customers who
havebeen awarded a rebate will be mailed an approval letter and provided with a Rebate Reservation Number.
- After you receive the approval letter, contact Electrical Engineering at 714-765-5156 to inquire about the public access EV chargers installation requirements.
- Obtain a permit for the installation of your new charger at:
200 South Anaheim Boulevard, First Floor, Suite 145, Counter 1
Anaheim, CA 92805
Note: Building permit fees associated with the EV charger installation will be paid by APU. If you have any questions about the permitting process please call Building Services at 714-765-5153.
- Install your new EV charging station in accordance with the Public Access Electric Vehicle Charging Station Rebate Program Agreement within one year of receiving your Rebate Reservation Number.
- Please carefully read the Public Access Electric Vehicle Charging Station Rebate Program Agreement before completing and submitting the form and all supporting documents.
Supporting documents include:
- EV Rebate Reservation Number
- All charging station purchase and installation receipts
- Copy of Building Department Permit Card showing final sign off
- W-9 Form filled out by the customer receiving the rebate
- Current utility bill for the same address as the new sub-meter
7. To assign the rebate to a third party, complete the Public Access EV Charger Rebate Assignment Form.